- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- DBT Part Four; Building a Competent Program (Supervisory CEU’s) May 2023
DBT Part Four; Building a Competent Program (Supervisory CEU’s) May 2023
Date: May 19, 2023
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 5:15 p.m. EST
CEUs offered: 6 (Supervision)
Presented by: Charity Chaney MA LPCC-S & The DBT Team at Mindfully
Modality: Live, Interactive Session with Activities & Discussion
Attendance: This training is offered 100% Virtually using Zoom Healthcare
NOTE: This is a live, interactive, training presented through Zoom as an online Webinar. Zoom recommends having a broadband wired/wireless connection, speakers, and a microphone to effectively participate via this platform. (requirements listed on zoom’s website here: LINK).
Recording Date: NA
Links to Access Material:
- To access training: Links will be sent after registration, 2-3 days before training.
- To complete training evaluation (to be submitted once training is completed): The link will be shared 2-3 days before the training, as well as during the training.
In this training you can learn to create and run a successful DBT® team and problem solving common programmatic issues. Having a team is an essential component of DBT® practice and is necessary for an adherent program. Also learn and discuss common programmatic concerns and how-to problem solve them. Attendees will be able to present team dilemmas and learn strategies for finding a dialectical synthesis. Furthermore, attendees will learn how to use the strategies to supervise their team or other professionals within the DBT® framework.
- Examine current supervision trends and compare against dialectical strategies
- Identify and apply the DBT strategies that would carry over from the client-therapist relationship into the supervisee-supervisor relationship
- Practice applying chain analyses to supervisees
- Discuss the concept of dialectics with trainers
- Apply and use the treatment hierarchy to structure your supervision
Audience & Skill Level:
- Audience: Licensed mental health professionals. Nurses can receive reciprocal CEUs. CEUs are approved for Social Workers, Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists CEUs (RCS030903) and Chemical Dependency CEUs. CE Broker tracking number: 50-2404
- Skill Level: Intermediate - Advanced
- 10-10:45am Explore traditional supervision techniques vs DBT techniques
- 10:45- 11:15 Using behaviorism within supervision
- 11:15- 11:30 Break
- 11:30-12:15 Supervision hierarchy
- 12:15-1:00 Ethics
- 12:15- 1:00 Fruzzetti DBT@ Therapist Rating and Feedback Form
- 1:00-2:00 Lunch
- 2:00-3:00 Consultation Team
- 3:00-3:30 Roles and Expectations in a Program
- 3:30-4:45 Break
- 4:45-4:15 Using the skills on one another
- 4:15-5:00 Common pitfalls, Problem Solving
- 5:00-5:15 Q & A, Evaluations
To Receive Course Credit Participants Must:
- Attend and engage with the entire training.
- Complete the post-training evaluation.
- Certificates will be sent within seven business days of confirming attendance and receiving the evaluation.
Charity Chaney MA LPCC-S is a professional counselor in the state of Ohio and the lead therapist of Mindfully’s DBT team. In addition to applying DBT principles in his care for her clients, she also has experience leading and co-leading DBT skills classes where he helps groups apply DBT principles and learn new skills.
Ohio CSWMFT Approval
This training is approved for counselor, social work, and marriage and family therapy continuing education. In addition, it is approved by the Ohio Chemical Dependency Board for chemical dependency continuing education. Check CE Broker for detailed breakdown of CE types (provider number 50-24074).
For questions, comments or concerns:
Please contact TrainingCenter@Mindfully.com or via telephone: 513-939-0300
- Grievance policy: If you are dissatisfied with your experience, please feel free to share this with us via email: TrainingCenter@mindfully.com or via telephone: 513-939-0300, or via your program evaluation. All complaints will receive a response within seven business days outlining actions taken and proposed responses which may include issuing a refund, credits for future trainings, updating course content or taking appropriate action with presenters, among others.
- Request for Accommodations: Should any accommodations enhance your program experience, please contact us via email: TrainingCenter@mindfully.com or via telephone: 513-939-0300, to explore what options you may have.
Brown, J. (2011). The skills system instructor's guide: an emotion-regulation skills curriculum for all learning abilities. Bloomington, Indiana: IUniverse.
Linehan, M. (2015). DBT skills training handouts and worksheets (Second ed.). New York, New York: The Guilford Press.
Linehan, M. (1993). Cognitive-behavioral treatment of borderline personality disorder. New York, New York: The Guilford Press
Linehan, M. (2015). DBT skills training manual (Second ed.). New York, New York: The Guilford Press.
Rathus, J., & Miller, A. (2015). DBT skills training manual for adolescents (1st ed.). New York, New York: The Guilford Press.
Fruzzetti, A. (2010-12). DBT® Therapist rating and feedback form. In Press.